SOLIS at WSU

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Da Vinci's Cell

Ok, I'm taking Lucie up on her suggestion to start a discussion on how they replaced the librarian character from the book with a cell phone in the movie version of The Da Vinci Code. I'm surprised that this has not gotten more attention in library land. For awhile I was thinking that either I was remembering the book incorrectly or perhaps I was the only person in library land that had both read the book and saw the movie, both of which are quite likely.

I'm not giving anything away by saying that in the book the heroes go to a large research library in London to use the expertise of a brilliant librarian whose knowledge helps save the day. In the movie the heroes hop on a bus and borrow some dude's cell phone to google the information. What kills me is that the rest of the movie follows the book page by page!

Anyway, there's my rant. I'm so glad that we have this blog as a medium for ranting.

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home