SOLIS at WSU

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

LISPers forever!!!

Blogging is all about personal opinion. It is with this in mind that I disclose to you a particular opinion I have.

I love my profession. I am so enthused to begin being a librarian that I simply cannot wait to get that piece of paper in my hand. The people I have met throughout these last couple years have been fantastic, and I never knew I could get along so well with anyone. Not just my peers in the program, but also the professors and my colleagues at the many different jobs I’ve held.

Which is why commencement in May is going to be a bittersweet event.

Back in January I asked (or begged) Dr. Bajjaly, our phenomenal LIS Program Director, if I could teach a section of LIS 6080. He agreed to let me do so. I am so thrilled to be able to remain a part of the program at Wayne State, and I’ve vowed to work my buns off in order to make sure every one of the students taking my section is successful in my class.

And I’ve been given the opportunity to go do a book talk for a ladies’ club this Friday. Ethical issues aside (I’m not technically a librarian, nor would I get paid a librarian’s salary to do this book talk) I think I’ll do it… After all, I’m a total schmuck for this job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home